Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

The Mark by Jen Nadol

Sixteen-year old Cassie Renfield has seen the mark since forever: a glow around certain people as if a candle were held behind their back. The one time she pointed it out taught her not to do it again, so Cassie has kept quiet, considering its rare appearances odd, but insignificant. Until the day she watches a man die. Mining her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person's imminent death. Not how or where, only when: today. Cassie searches her past, her philosophy lessons, even her new boyfriend for answers, always careful to hide her secret. How does the mark work? Why her? Most importantly, if you know today is someone's last, should you tell?

Aaaahhh! This looks absolutely amazing! This is exactly my kind of book, and I love the simplicity of the cover. The Mark does not yet have a definitive publishing date, but the author's website says early 2010. Can't wait!



5 comments:

prophecygirl said...

I'm looking forward to this one too! :)

Startswithana said...

Hi, I know it hasn't any to do with this book, but could you answer a question?
Did you read "The Sweet Far Thing"?
How do you feal about the way kartik's lofe turns out?

Maggie said...

McRae, I have read "The Sweet Far Thing" and I was pissed as hell about what happened to Kartik. I don't want to go into detail about it and spoil the ending, but I seriously thought, WTF!? Otherwise the series is amazing...

Startswithana said...

No, don't worry I would like to know exactly what you felt, cause I finished it already, and arghhhh, I was pissed as well, and I don't understand how she could do that, I mean como on!!! right? what is that???

She could have thought of diferent endings, ahhhh, and when I read he became the tree, At the end I was hoping she wouldn't do a dream of hope, and thats exactly what she did, and I think that made it worse, and I hate that she made Gemma's and Kartik's relation closer, to keep them apart in the end, and I hate also that Gemma isn't going back into the realms for some time, so I guess she doesn't really care that much about him, or what??

Startswithana said...

PLUS...Reading a Libba Bray's interview at the end of the book, she explains why she did it, but I still don't agree, she says that because he belived in destiny and all, and becuase he beived in self sacrifice, but acording to the destiny, the dream they had in the realms, while puting both one hand, meant that they were ment to be together, that's what Asha said, and they are not together, how is, becoming a tree and being away from her, his destiny?