Monday, July 6, 2009

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow (and 100th post!)

Once again, sorry for the lack of posts and the missing IMM post yesterday; I was out of town and didn't have internet access. Since I only got 2 books last week, I'll just add them onto this week's IMM.

I am proud to say that this is my 100th post! My blog's anniversary is actually coming up soon and I have already decided that my goal for next year is to double the amount of posts. 100 in a year is really not enough. hopefully I'll be able to accomplish that goal.

Now here's my review:

Dru Anderson has been “strange” for as long as she can remember, traveling from town to town with her father to hunt the things that go bump in the night. It’s a weird life, but a good one–until it all explodes in an icy, broken down Dakota town, when a hungry zombie busts through her kitchen door. Alone, terrified, and trapped, Dru’s going to need every inch of her wit and training to stay alive. The monsters have decided to hunt back–and now Dru has to figure out who to trust, who to fight, and when to run. And not incidentally, she has to figure out how she’s going to get out of this alive. And she has to do it by sundown, or it’s all over…

This book was a total supernatural nail biter! It had a little bit of everything: werewolves, zombies, vampires (called suckers), and many others, plus a total b.a. heroine, Dru. Even though Dru was a good protagonist, the book would not have been the same without the character Graves, Dru’s werwulf-bitten friend. His sarcastic and witty personality kept some lightness in an otherwise dark and depressing storyline. I’m looking forward to reading the sequel, Betrayals and discovering more about the interesting supernatural world that Lili St. Crow has created.

1 comment:

vvb32 reads said...

suckers - lol. this sounds like a good supernatural read.