Monday, February 9, 2009

My Bookshelves

I was very interested by Hope's post that showed her bookshelves (which originated at Taren's blog). I love seeing the books other people own--basically I love snooping! I've got 5 bookshelves in my room and am almost out of space. To make this a little more interesting, I'm going to state my favorite book from each shelf.
First pic is of my oldest bookshelf with my books from when I was younger. My favorite book on the top shelf is Fever 1793, I've read it probably 10 times. Favorite on bottom is...don't laugh...The Doll People. I used to be completely obsessed with dolls, so a book about dolls coming to life was amazing to me.
Here's my next shelf--probably my favorite of all. Top shelf favorite is Wicked Lovely, bottome is Desert Crossing. This next bookcase has books on only the bottom shelf, but I'm thinking I might have to clear out the others. Favorite book there is a toss up between Project 17 and A Certain Slant of Light.
Here is the fourth shelf. Favorites here are Garden Spells on top and The Missing Girl on the bottom. Last but not least, my final one and a half shelves. Top shelf fav is Hunger Games, bottom is Shelter Me.

My next two pics are books I have yet to read, so instead of my favorites, I'll tell you the ones I'm most excited to read: Bones of Faerie and I Capture the Castle.

Well, that was surprisingly fun! I hope you enjoyed my bookshelves--I definitely enjoyed revisiting all my books. Happy Reading!

5 comments:

prophecygirl said...

You've got so many good books to read! I loved Wondrous Strange, and your cover for The Knife of Never Letting Go is so cool!

Maggie said...

Yeah, I've got a lot of reading to do! Love your blog by the way!

Donna (Bites) said...

OMG dolls coming to life is the worst horror on the face of this earth. Die Chucky! Couple that with clowns and I'm in the corner curled up into a fetal position sucking my thumb. *shudder* I had a doll lamp that made my cry when I was younger. Those glass eyes freaked me the hell out. Blah!

Startswithana said...

I'm probaly not as obsessed as you, but through out the years I have developed that obsession, that reading worm that increases its size little by little.
I'm glad that someone like me, shares her passion, and I love the idea you've got going on, I like your style, and I'm looking forward to reading some of the books you've recomended.

Anonymous said...

You have so many awesome books most i've even read.