Sunday, May 24, 2009

In My Mailbox (4)

Hello all! Here are the books I received this week:
In My Mailbox was started by Kristi at The Story Siren, who was inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie

Bought:
Evermore by Alyson Noel
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch. Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste… Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition. He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets. Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head. She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is. Damen is equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies.

BookMooch:
The Song Reader by Lisa Tucker

Leeann's older sister Mary Beth has a gift. She is a "song reader." She doesn't read palms or tarot cards; she reads people's secrets and desires from the songs they can't get out of their minds. But as Leeann soon learns, every gift has its price.


Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews

It wasn't that she didn't love her children. She did. But there was a fortune at stake--a fortune that would assure their later happiness if she could keep the children a secret from her dying father. So she and her mother hid her darlings away in an unused attic. Just for a little while.
But the brutal days swelled into agonizing years. Now Cathy, Chris, and the twins wait in their cramped and helpless world, stirred by adult dreams, adult desires, served a meager sustenance by an angry, superstitious grandmother who knows that the Devil works in dark and devious ways. Sometimes he sends children to do his work--children who--one by one--must be destroyed....
I have a feeling Flowers in the Attic is going to be right up my alley!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

I love, love, love Evermore. Enjoy!!

vvb32 reads said...

Flowers in the Attic is a great V.C. Andrews classic! I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Anonymous said...

I really wanto read Evermore and Flowers in the Attic. Happy reading!

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got. I loved Evermore it was really good. Enjoy.

Startswithana said...

Have you read "By a lady", by Amanda Elyot?

Liyana said...

Evermore was pretty good. Happy reading!

PolishOutlander said...

I just read Evermore myself recently. Will be curious to know what you think of it. I had mixed feelings about it. Happy reading!

Maggie said...

Wow, lots of comments! I think I'll read Evermore next since you all seem to love it so much!
McRae, I haven't read By A Lady, but will definitely check it out, thanks!

Ashley said...

I was excited to see Flowers in the Attic! That's definitely a V. C. Andrews classic. I plan to re-read that book sometime in the next few months. Hope you enjoy it!