Saturday, May 2, 2009

In My Mailbox

Yes, I have decided to jump on the IMM train. I had refrained from it before because of how sporadically I received new books, but since I have recently joined BookMooch (absolutely amazing concept, I love it) I find that I am getting more and more books each week. Mind you, my IMM posts will most likely not be on an exact day every week, but more like whenever I have a good bunch I want to show off. I mostly receive books from BookMooch, the library, and bookstores when I have the cash. So, there you have it...

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi at The Story Siren, who was inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie)

BookMooch:
Red Sea by Diane Tullson

Libby, 14, is on a yearlong sailing adventure with her mother and stepfather, Duncan. Stuck in Djibouti awaiting favorable seas, she makes her discontent known to everyone, at every turn. She deliberately dilly-dallies on the day of departure, which causes her boat to miss traveling with the flotilla as planned. Sailing through dangerous waters, Libby's family is alone when pirates attack. Duncan is killed, and her mother is badly wounded. The teen is left to her own devices to survive, nurse her mother, and find the right course to safety.

The Creek by Jennifer L. Holm

Caleb Devlin is a legend on Mockingbird Lane, the boy who terrorized an entire town before he got sent away. They say he hurt other kids, tortured animals, set fires, and did things grown-ups speak of only in whispers. But that was all before Penny and her little brother moved here.
Now Caleb's back, older and more dangerous than ever, and terrible things have started happening again. The whole town knows he's responsible, but the police can't do anything without proof. So Penny and her friends have no choice but to try to stop him themselves.
Except now he's after them.

Early Birthday Presents from Norah:
Hit and Run by Lurlene McDaniel
It was an accident. But when the people involved don’t come forward, doesn’t it become a crime?Four young people whose lives intersect, who never dreamed of hurting each other. Each makes choices that cannot be changed. Each needs to take the consequences of those choices, to find love, to face reality, and to go on.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love— music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind? Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it’s the only one that matters.


I'm uber excited for all of these books! And be expecting a large IMM post to come-my birthdays tomorrow and I'm anticipating quite few small rectangular packages, if you know what I mean! (sorry If I Stay is off to the side, I've tried and can't seem to fix it)

5 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

That's crazy! I always wanted to read a book set in Djibouti (I just LOVE the name) so I must check out RED SEA.

Rebecca said...

I've heard a lot of good things about If I Stay. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy If I Stay. It definatly looks fantastic!

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

If I Stay is amazing. You should push it to the top of your reading pile.

Laina said...

Switch to Edit htlm, go to where the end of the paragraph before it is, and hit enter a ton of times, then switch back to normal and fix it, see if that works. :)